Trouble Shooting On PCs (Lync for Mac discussed below)
This guide shows you how to override a common glitch Microsoft Lync has been struggling with. This will not necessarily solve all problems, but I’ve found that 2/3 times this fixes the customer’s Lync sign-on issue.
If you are having issues consistently signing on, it may be related to automatic internal/external server name settings not automatically configuring properly. To overcome that, you may wish to input the settings manually, a step by step process is discussed below.
- Click the “gear shaped” settings button at the top right of the Lync application.
- Now click the “personal” tab on the left.
- Then click “advanced” by the sign-in address box near the top right.
- Now click Manual Configuration
- Input the internal and external server names (the ones in the image have worked in all situations so far for us, if this doesn’t work, contact Microsoft support). Note: You can click the image below to enlarge it.
- Click OK
What about Lync for Mac?
The setup for Lync for Mac is a bit different and directions can be found here: Lync for Mac Setup. These internal and external settigns may work for your Mac users as well. They have done so for us. Contact Microsoft support if issues persist.